Uttanasana, also known as standing forward bend, is among the traditional yoga poses famous and useful for stretching your body. It is an extensive pose that helps stretch your whole body and is especially beneficial for hamstrings. It helps to increase the intensity of your hamstrings and stretches them which directly gives them strength. This asana has multiple benefits attached to it which tells you that just by this pose, you can get rid of various potential diseases and increase your well being.
Among the major benefits is the benefit to your nervous system which you get because of the stretching. It correctly increases blood flow to your brain which helps rejoice your body and mind at the same time. We will be discussing its benefits and the steps to perform it.
Directions to Uttanasana
1. The first step of the process is to stand straight with the weight of your body equally divided between the two feet. Your feet must be aligned properly. Make sure to choose an open place with fresh air. Choosing a yoga mat is recommended.
2. Take a deep breath while moving your hands above your head.
3. While breathing out, start bending while keeping your back straight towards your feet.
4. Stay in this position for 30 to 40 seconds while performing it, breathe deeply to retain all the benefits.
5. While in this position, make sure that your legs and back are in an erect position and hands touching the back of your feet.
6. Now while breathing out, move your chest towards your legs which will automatically lift up your hip bones upwards.
7. Move your head towards your feet and make sure that heavy breathing should be continued in this process.
8. Remain in this position for at least 30 to 50 seconds and while performing it, feel the positive energy entering your body and all the negative energies getting out of it.
9. The final step is to slowly move your hands away from your feet and slowly stand in the upright position from where you started.
10. Lastly, bring your hands to the side and stop the deep breathing process.
Benefits of Uttanasana
1. It helps stretch the muscles of your hamstrings. This pose is specifically designed for hamstring muscles.
2. It increases blood flow to your brain which directly increases your mental well-being.
3. The various postures involved with this asana helps to stretch the back muscles of your body. It helps prevent backache and other back-related problems.
4. It helps boost your nervous system by increasing the blood flow to various nerves in your body.
5. All the bending posters also help to tighten your abdominal.
To summarise the yoga asana, we would like to encourage you to practice this asana for fifteen minutes every day on a daily basis. This asana has been performed from hundreds of years and has a lot of traditional benefits attached to it. It helps stretch your body and increase blood flow to every part of your body. This will help you to ward off various diseases and also usher in a wave of positivity inside you.
You must practice a few precautions also, as all the posters are quite extensive and in case you have a back injury or other problems, you must avoid performing this asana. You should also make sure not to stress any body part up to a certain point. Whenever you start feeling excessive pain, this is the time to stop. Performing this asana for 15 minutes daily will help you get maximum benefits out of it. We would like to know about your experience with this asana in the comments section below.