Chakrasana is a backward bending asana and is also referred to as wheel asana. It is one of the most extensive yoga asanas and has multiple health benefits. You cannot master the asanas in one go and it takes time to adapt to this position. But after you have mastered the art of performing this asana, you can pretty much perform any asana in Yoga.
The major benefit attached is that it strengthens your spine. Chakrasana helps to strengthen your arms, shoulders and back muscles. It can help you prevent various diseases and also make your body agile which will naturally prevent injuries. The benefits of the asanas will go a long way and keep your body healthy for years. People usually witness the benefits at older ages when they feel fit and free of health-related issues just because of the regular practice of Chakrasana.
1. The first step of the process is to lie down on your back. It is advisable to practice this asana on a yoga mat.
2. Bend your knees and lift your legs upwards to make a parallel position of your feet with the ground.
3. Press your feet to the ground and give a small push to keep them firm on the ground.
4. Twist your arms and lay your hands on the floor with your fingers facing your shoulders.
5. Apply some pressure on your hands and give it a push to lift your upper body off the floor.
6. Your head must be touching the floor at this moment.
7. Apply pressure on your feet, thereby lifting your legs and lower body off the floor.
8. You will feel pressure on your inner thighs.
9. Bring in more pressure in your hands so that you can protect yourself from excessive pressure being applied on your lower back.
10. Your head must be in a neutral state so that you do not feel any pressure there.
11. Hold in this position for about 30-50 seconds.
12. To lie back down on the floor, slowly bring your body towards the floor and eventually your back will touch the floor.
Benefits of Chakrasana Pose
1. Chakrasana helps to strengthen your back, arms and abdominal muscles.
2. The chest gets enlarged while performing the asana which helps the lungs to get in more oxygen.
3. Spine is enhanced and it helps strengthen the spine muscles and prevent injuries.
4. It helps you lose weight especially at the abdominal.
5. The asana also helps in enhancing the eyesight of an individual.
6. Boosts your metabolism and helps in digestion.
7. Chakrasana is beneficial for women who are facing problems with their menstrual cycles.
8. It helps get rid of constipation if you are facing that problem. 9. Stimulation of the thyroid gland takes place by regularly practising the asana.
1. Do not do this asana in case of back injury.
2. you must not hurry to master the pose. Regular practice helps in adjusting your body to get flexible enough.
In a nutshell, chakrasana is one of the best asanas for holistic growth of your body. It has multiple benefits attached and strengthens various muscles of your body especially your spine. The Arsenal can help lose weight which will directly help you get rid of all health issues and promote your health. We encourage all the readers to practice this asana every day for at least 15 to 30 minutes to reap in all the benefits.
There are some precautions that you must practice while performing this asana. As this is an extensive pose, you must make sure to stop if in case you feel excessive pain. This asana should be avoided by people suffering from cardiac problems or high blood pressure. This can also result in injuries so must be practised carefully. Apart from these issues, this is one of the most beneficial yoga asanas and can help you maintain a healthy body.