Overweight is no more a distressing concern. Gym or health clubs will not always be a perfect solution. What if we can do something in our kitchen itself to cut down the pounds?
Diet can be one of the deciding factors if you want to slash pounds. Diet plans can be tailored by not missing out on any of your favorites. This will give you all the essential nutrients without compromising flavors.
When planning your diet, it is very important to focus on minimizing bad fats, especially processed & fast foods. It is equally important to include fiber-rich foods & hydrating fruits/veggies.
Healthy practices for you
- Eat a healthy breakfast- skipping breakfast will not bring down the weight, instead, it would accelerate your cravings
- Say no to soft drinks, carbonated drinks, energy drinks, processed foods including tin foods & sausages. All these contain artificial sugars, flavors & salts too
- Try to minimize eating out- Fast foods, as well as restaurant foods, contain a high level of bad lipids as they reuse oils & use low quality alternative replacements
- Avoid late dinners & late meals
- Prefer whole grain products when choosing bread, pasta, noodles, etc.
- It is healthy to add some potential herbs that reduce fat & supply the necessary nutrients to your diet. This is very easy as well as a simple method to lose pounds.
Whole day effective diet plan for weight loss
Eating a very satisfying & nutritious breakfast energizes your day.
- Egg white pancake with chopped veggies – Egg white is mixed well with some chopped spinach, grated carrot, chopped cauliflower florets & bell pepper. Now to flavor this add pepper, salt, garlic & a small pinch of sugar. Now, this mixture is beaten well & poured into an oil greased pan in low fire. Use very little heat to evenly cook the pancake. After 10-15 minutes, you can see the veggies tuning brown & crunchy. It’s ready to serve.
- Oats /quinoa can be roasted & cooked. Then you can add berries/apricot/dried nuts/banana/dates of your choice. The fruits should be blended well to go well with the oats mixture. Now you can add honey for your sweetness before serving.
- Whole grain bread or roti can be rolled or stuffed with grilled veggies & chicken. The veggies like mushroom, broccoli, pumpkin, green peas can be grilled with salt, garlic & pepper. These grilled veggies along with some grilled chicken pieces are stuffed inside roti /bread. You can add extra flavor by making homemade tomato sauce.
Another best breakfast option is smoothies with greens. Boil carrots, beetroot, then add apple, papaya to blend to a smooth mixture. Now add homemade yogurt/low-fat milk. It can be sweetened by adding honey.
Mid-morning– a bowl of fruits like papaya, guava, etc.
Some tasty Lunch options
- Rice/fish roll– As the name suggests, it does not contain more rice. Whole grain wraps or roti can be used here. First, you need to roast a small fillet of salmon/sardine/mackerel. It is roasted in a pan with salt & pepper. Now bell peppers, onions, tomato, garlic, ginger, etc. are roasted & blended into a smooth paste & pour onto the roasted fish. Wait until all the juices are absorbed by the fish. ¼ cup of cooked brown rice is added to the top of the fish. Now, this is perfectly rolled &ready to serve.
Soup with sweet corn, plum tomatoes, egg white with herbs like garlic, oregano& pepper
Boiled red beans/green peas /butterbeans roasted with fennel powder, garlic, & salt. Chicken fillet grilled with ginger & cinnamon powder. Salad can be made with boiled spinach, some cream, chopped cabbage, cilantro, salt, etc.
- Mid lunch– Dry fruit salad made with dates, apricot, crushed nuts with yogurt
Evening Herbal Drinks
Herbal drinks like cinnamon tea-boil some water add 2 pieces of crushed cinnamon. When the aroma comes out, add a little bit of brown sugar. You can add a small piece of dry ginger also. This is very refreshing & energizing.
Low-fat milk can be boiled & cloves, cardamom1, star anise1/2 can be added. Then flame is turned off. Sugar can be added if preferred. It is very appetizing & general tonic
- Ginger/garlic whole grain roti or toast. Whole grain flour can be mixed with ginger/garlic paste with salt. Then it is kneaded well to get a smooth dough. Now, this can be made into roti or tortillas of your choice. This can be eaten with curried chicken/fish/meat. The chicken/fish/meat is cooked with herbs like ginger, garlic, fennel, cumin. Now when it’s cooked, add tomato puree with salt & pepper. It can be served by adding cilantro & mint leaves.
- Broken wheat sea salad– Broken wheat is cooked, then prawns, mussels, sardines, etc. are cooked & added. Now garlic & pepper paste is added to the flavor. It is cooked for 10 minutes. Cheese slices can be topped.
- Fruit smoothies made with guava, papaya, low-fat milk is very nutritious as well as delicious. A healthy diet plan is very satisfying at the end of the day.